Monday, September 7, 2009

One Week & One Day Until I Leave!

I'm leaving for the Philipines the morning of September 15th. I will be back early December. I love Albuquerque and I will miss all of my family and friends. My brother and a few of my friends think I will return with a Filipino wife...ha ha. I guess anything can happen! I will be living in Makati city. Makati is considered "The Wall Street" of Manila.

"Manila is the capital of the Philippines and one of the 17 cities and municipalities that make up Metro Manila. It is located on the eastern shores of Manila Bay, on the western portion of the National Capital Region, in the western side of Luzon. Manila is one of the central hubs of a thriving metropolitan area home to over 19 million people..." - Wikipedia

Here's some more interesting facts about the Philippines:

The Philippines has 7,107 islands.

The Philippines is the world's 12th most populous country, with an estimated population of about 92 million.

The Philippines is one of the most ecologically diverse countries in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment