Thursday, September 17, 2009

Makati Area

There's so much to do around this city. Lots of shops, restaurants, clubs, bars, coffee shops and of course PEOPLE! It is crowded almost everywhere we go. Most people are very friendly but I thought there would be more English speakers here. Maybe they just pretend so they don't have to talk to us...LOL. I've met some of the people I'm going to be working with including Angelo, Cheese, Mary and Lou. They made me dance in the lobby for channel 9. Thats the channel where you can watch the lobby...weird huh?

Everything is very inexpensive. Chips, a drink and coke at the store is about $2. A nice pasta meal is about $5 including soda and the tip. A bottle of liquor will set you back $2 and cab rides are about $1 or $2 anywhere within the area. There's a small connivence store across the street and they sell everything a gas station would carry. I totally have my fridge stocked with grape soda! :)

I do not have a cell phone or calling card yet but hopefully within the next few days.

More info on the, thanks for following The Illa In Manila! I promise to post pics very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment